Despite the frigid temperatures outside, the spring sports season is nearly upon us. The first day of spring sports this year is Monday, March 1. In addition to the sport specific information listed below, please take note of the following that applies to all spring sports.
- All students who are planning on participating in GEHS athletics need to have their Athletics Participation Forms completed and on file in the activities office. These forms must be turned in and completed prior to the first day of practice!
- The forms can be found at this link: GEHS Athletics Forms
- You can turn-in your completed forms in the GEHS Main Office.
- Please note that, if you have already been cleared to participate in a fall or winter sport, you are also cleared for the spring!
- Contact Jenn Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the GEHS Activities Office if you have questions regarding the forms.
- KSHSAA requires that all student-athletes be academically eligible to participate in high school sports. In order to be eligible to participate this spring, you must have passed at least 5 of your courses during the Fall 2020 semester. Also, you must currently be enrolled in at least 5 courses for this semester! Remember, this is a KSHSAA rule that every school in the state must follow!
- Contact Athletic Director Scott Peavey (email@example.com) if you have questions regarding academic eligibility.
- As they have been all year, I expect spring schedules to be fluid. Go to trailblazerathletics.org for information regarding all things Trailblazer athletics, including scheduling updates.
Track & Field
- We will have a preseason information Zoom meeting on Thursday, February 18th during seminar.
- Contact Head Boys Coach Brian McGee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Head Girls Coach Larry Ward (email@example.com) with questions.
- There will be a Zoom meeting for all players interested in trying out for baseball on Friday, February 19 during Seminar.
- There will be a Pre-Tryout Parent Zoom Meeting on Sunday, February 21 at 2:30 PM.
- Contact Head Baseball Coach Corey Schrack (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- There will be a preseason Zoom meeting for all students interested in trying out for softball on Wednesday, February 17 at 3:15 PM.
- Contact Head Softball Coach Joanne Calvin (email@example.com) with questions.
- Tryouts will begin on Monday, March 1. They will take place at the soccer field at the District Activities Center from 3:30-5:30 PM. Athletes will need to bring cleats, shin guards, running shoes, and their own labelled water bottle. Masks will be required.
- Contact Head Soccer Coach Derek Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- Boys Tennis will have a mandatory player meeting during seminar on Friday, February 19th via Zoom.
- Contact Head Boys Tennis Coach Ryan Dieckgrafe (email@example.com) with questions.
- Golf practice will begin on Monday, March 1. Information regarding the beginning of golf season will be communicated to interested athletes soon.
- Please contact Head Boys Golf Coach Danny Ruegsegger (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express interest and to ask questions.